I'm sure many of you heard the term "blog" or "weblog" many times. I've gathered from many people that there is a great deal of uncertainty of what a blog is all about and how it can benefit your business or organization. I'm here to clear the air.
A blog is a web location that is updated regularly (daily, weekly, monthly) with individual articles called blog "posts" or "entries" delivering fresh content to viewers. A person who posts these entries is called a "blogger". Blogging is a term used to describe authoring and maintaining blogs.
Blogs vs. conventional websites? Here are just some reasons why blogs are growing in demand:
- Websites are expensive, blogs are cheap.
- A blog can be changed and updated very easily.
- Blogs can be set up quickly.
- It can take months for popular search engines to find your conventional website but only two or three days with a blog.
- The media are more likely to find you on a blog.
- You market and expose yourself automatically with a blog, a conventional website requires a lot of promotion.
This is not to say that you shouldn't have a conventional website but having a blog will certainly be beneficial to your business or organization. For more information please contact me at email@example.com to learn how the blogging trend can help you gain more exposure and get your name out there!